Saturday, June 7, 2008

Ready to change and it Shows

Danielle Shows, sophomore women's basketball player is leaving the hardwood to join the ranks of the military.

Shows said she is doing it to become a better person.

"I don't feel like I am headed in the right direction," she said. "My grades dont look how I want them to and I am irresponsible, unorganized, undisciplined."

Shows said knowing some people who were in the miltary factored in her decision.

Does Shows plan to return to the basketball team?

"Seeing as i am only joining the reserves, I might play next year," she said.

If Shows doesn't return it will be a tough transition year for the Lady Cavs. Minus Shows, the Lady Cavs only return three players in Ivy Morrison, Amanda Dittmer and Katie Buenger. All three were bench players last season, and with the exception of Dittmer saw very little playing time (except at the end of blowouts).

Shows did a good job playing second guard to Brittney Slifer last year and running the point when Slifer rested. Shows experience would certainly be missed.

No comments: